Re-Balancing Your Skin: Detox Set - Herbal Toner And Charcoal Soap
I realize I really like to talk about skin health. Even after two years of being an herbal apprentice, I am by no means a clinical expert but I think combined with my experience as a acne/blemish sufferer most of my life on top of reading all things skin health related, I thought I would impart some of my knowledge on you on how to maintain your skin naturally.
Surprisingly some of my best sellers at the Sip & Slay Event last year, was the Detox Set which contained one toner and one charcoal soap. Since many were new customers sharing their stories about their facial issues, I almost always recommended to try these two products first to see if this will address some of their problems.
A lot of people skip and miss the importance of a good toner. And when I say good, free of synthetic ingredients, petrochemicals, salicylic acid, etc. I think the turning point for me in my facial care regimen and treatment of my every day blemishes was when I started buying then crafting my own toner blends.
TAMTHYME DOUBLE STRENGTH HERBAL TONER
"Toner completes the cleansing process. At minimum, toner helps rinse away any residuals[s]...At the Same time, it should strengthen your skin, promote elasticity, and tighten pores...Adults and teenagers with blemishes or acne can benefit from a healing toner because it removes excess oils and dead cells that can clog pores" - Susan West Kurz, Awakening Beauty the Dr. Hauschka Way
What you put in your toner is important and keeping it as pure as possible is the key. The toners I make are made from organic ingredients including apple cider vinegar and dried herbs. Many people dilute their toners with purified water only but I also add a generous amount of organic hydrosols which are soothing to the face.
ACTIVATED CHARCOAL SOAP
Activated Charcoal is wonderful for multiple reasons. The first being is that it helps draw away the residuals left on your body - which is why it makes a great soap! Combined with the balancing effect of shea butter to return moisture to your skin, it is the best combination soap that detoxifies but moisturizes at the same time.
How To Use?
1. In the morning, wash your face with warm water and use the charcoal soap. Warmth of the water opens up your pores. The Charcoal soap will not stain your face nor your sink.
2. Follow up with using the toner on a cotton ball, wiping up, not down. The face and body is fighting gravity all day, don't add to it when applying toner or drying your face with a towel.
3. Apply a moisturizer, preferably one that contains an SPF of 15 or higher. Apply any makeup.
4. Enjoy the Day.
5. In the evening, wash face with warm water again and use charcoal soap.
6. Use toner but don't put anything else on your face for the night. Sleeping is when your body regenerates itself and releases toxins, don't block that process by adding a layer of night cream to your face.
7. Make sure to wash and clear your face of toxins in the morning and start the routine again
After you start to see good results, I usually tone down (no pun intended) my soap and toner use - I usually only use the toner at night instead of twice a day. Results may vary because we all have different lives in how we lead them and what we put into them but so far this is what some repeat customers have had to say on the testimonials page.